Wednesday, March 03, 2010

C'mon Spring!

OK, I have to admit I really love winter. I know a lot of people (including most of my family) complain about it, but I do love it. I love the crisp (?) below-zero air, the snow, the frozen lake. Don't much love driving around people who don't know how to drive in it (Snow? Must be new this year!), but otherwise I kinda dig it.

But I'm ready for spring.

I'm pumped about starting a garden this year. I haven't done that for a long time, and I'm really looking forward to it. Colorado's soil is pretty fertile apparently, so it should be pretty productive. The one weird thing is that it stays cold here until, like, August. Then it goes back to being cold. So many people start their veggies indoors and then transfer them outdoors when it warms up.

Here's my dilemma.

I need to buy a lamp to simulate sunlight indoors. You might think this wouldn't be that common, but there are tons of shops here that sell hydroponic supplies.

Did I mention that medical marijuana is legal here?

So I'm thinking, do I go to one of these places and ask for advice on starting tomatoes indoors? All I can picture is the guy going, "Tomatoes? Duuuude...you need to grow buds!"

Perhaps I'll just put them in the window.

1 comment:

Beth said...

hahahaha Duuuuude! ;) Hey, it might be a better way for us to get out of debt?